Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"That's what little boys are made of . . ."


This evening, as I was drying Ethan off after his bath, he leaned in really close to me and whispered, "Mom, why don't girls have (boy part)?" (for the sake of those who don't like the word, I have omitted it from the story - but if you are around my son too long, be prepared, he will call the (boy part) by it's rightful name)

"Well, if they did, then they would be boys, and then there wouldn't be any girls."

"But why don't they?"

"That's just how God made boys and girls different. Each one is very special."

"Girls, don't; boys, do. Girls, don't; boys do. Girls, don't; boys, do." He said, as he is holding up his hand, and counting off w/ his fingers.


This little guy of mine is constantly amazing me w/ how his little mind works. He has been mastering his game of checkers now, for several months. We no longer let him win . . . we have to pay attention, or we will lose! He has a love for board games. We took all of the kids to Toys R Us this past weekend so they could buy something w/ their b-day money that they had saved. Ethan picked out the game "Guess Who". He still gets confused as to what questions he should ask you to help him figure out who you are, but I bet he'll be winning the game in no time.


So, my blessing that I am sharing w/ you today, is this little man, Ethan Brock. If you are ever in need of a hug, he is the one to give it. If you need to hear a good belly laugh, he is the one to listen for. If you want to be always on your toes, wandering what will be said next, come spend some time w/ him! He is my sunshine!

2 comments:

shane said...

haha thats great. Rachael and I will eventually have those moments. Great to find your blog!

Anonymous said...

I still love that picture. We have one in the living room and everybody that comes over ask who he is and LOVE the eyes. I have to admit that boys are alot of fun to raise, their minds are never stopping with questions, oneriness, mischeivous and etc. I am sure that Ethan loves teasing the girls. I am so glad that you are enjoying him. He will be grown before you know it, so take each day and enjoy it to the fullest.

Love you all.
Aunt Tanjala and Uncle Al