Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mommy Memories

Remember those days when Motherhood was new? Those first few days home from the hospital were scary, but beautiful - if you could look past all those horrid first poops, the 2 am feedings, 4 am feedings, days w/o showers, spit-up running down your back etc. I remember holding my little ones, close to my heart, and thinking how wonderful that God had created such a beautiful little person and entrusted them into my care! I've seen several young mothers and babies lately, and I smile as I remember the way a baby smells, the softness of their skin, their tiny socks, & those wonderful gowns. Our kids are growing quickly, and those years are far behind us now. But every once in awhile, I will see a look come across their face, that reminds me that they are still the same person as the sweet, helpless infant I once held in my arms. Some days . . . I have to watch really closely to see that look!!

How fun to look back and see the changes that their little bodies and personalities have gone through over the years. Find a picture of your kids as babies or toddlers, and remember how you felt on the day the doctor placed them in your arms, for the very first time! I'm doing alot of that today . . . remembering that they are still the sweet bundles of joy - they just need a little more attention and guidance in different areas now . . . thankfully, they are almost all dependant of my help in the bathroom!

Isn't God amazing?!

No comments: