Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Storms, Rainbows, and Trust

I've been on a hiatus, again, for the last couple of weeks. So much has been going on in our house lately. First off, I want to tell everyone how much I love my husband! Dave had no clue what he signed up for when he signed his name on our marriage license 10 years ago! We celebrated 10 years on March 20th! Where has the time gone?! Oh yeah . . .we've been raising 3 precious gifts from God (and trying to maintain our sanity)!!
I want to share something very dear to my heart w/ you today. It has been a difficult 16 months for us here in the Bittinger household. Our move from KS to IN was "a God thing". He knew that we were in need of His help, but that we were "blinded" to the need of it, due to life, as we knew it. So, shortly after moving here, we found ourselves facing the possibility of losing our family, and each other. Selfishness had crept into each of our hearts, and there was no longer room for each other. We began going to counseling, and working on learning to love, laugh, trust, and live together again. Don't think that this deterred Satan from trying to destroy us! He then attacked us through bringing my depression back. There were many dark days . . . .days that I was afraid for myself and my children. Days that Dave didn't know what he would come home to. I was finally able to find help through medicine, and the days got much brighter. I'm happy to report that God healed me from this horrid pit of despair, a little over 3 months ago! His sweet spirit has been a daily gift in my life. But Satan still wasn't done w/ me! He and his demons came for me in a very vivid and frightening dream one night, but as I spoke the name,"JESUS", those demons fled. The past several weeks, I have been going through w/draws from my Rx. The days have not been pretty! But, praise God, I'm at the end of that "journey"!

Dave and I have latched onto the song "Bring the Rain" during this time. In fact we sang it at church this past Sunday - whew! I made it through w/o crying! We've been in a dark storm this past year, a storm that caused me to build a lot of walls between me and my family/friends. I'm so sorry! I can't believe some of the things that I did/said. The good news is that I can now see the Rainbow! God never left me during the storm. He kept His hand on me, protecting me from the worst of it. The storm was never about me . . . .it was all about Him and all for His Glory! God is good! His ways are not our own, but His ways are the right ways, even when we can't see that.

I share this with you, so that I can give God the glory for all that He has done for us! I am so amazed at how much He love us . . .me! I can't believe that it took me so long to sense, experience, and accept His love. I am His instrument.

So, what is your storm? Does it seem to be lasting forever? Just remember that the storm is for His Glory. He wants you to praise Him during this time. Yes, it is hard to do that. Yes, you can be upset that you are hurting. Yes, He feels each pain you feel, and He sees those tears too. The rainbow is just over the horizon. It isn't that far away. Trust Him; reach out to Him; accept the storm as a time for growth. God is in control!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

This made me cry! We have been praying for you.

Whatever I have to go through in my life is worth it, if in the end, it brings me closer to Him. Whatever it takes for me and for my family to make it to Heaven, I am willing to do!!!!

Thanks for sharing this, Crystal. It was brave of you. If more people were honest, these stories would be shared more often. It is never anything to be embarrassed about when God pulls you out of a pit and heals you!!!! Praise Him!!!!

A Romantic Porch said...

Bless you sweet Crystal. What a wonderful testimony to God's Faithfulness! xorachel

LeeAnn said...

Thanks Crystal for sharing this. I knew from your facebook account that we needed to be praying for you, I just didn't know everything. Now I know what to pray. Bless you and we are all lucky to have a sister like you through Christ!