Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chicken Salad

I thought I'd go ahead and post the recipe for the Chicken Salad that I took the the Rex family last night. I've been serving a lot of warm weather food this past week - you'll notice my love for fresh fruit shined brightly yesterday! I had bought a generous supply of fresh fruit, so I decided to go ahead and make a colorful fruit salad to go w/ the chicken salad.

Chicken Salad
serves 4-6
2 1/2# cooked chicken breast meat, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
2 cups red grapes, halved
2 cups mayo (approx)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
1/2 cup pecans/sliced almonds (optional)
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Gently mix. Chill until ready to serve. This is wonderful on croissants, by its self, wrapped in lettuce leaves, or on regular bread. I don't add nuts to ours, since our kids have nut allergies, but I have had it w/ both types of nuts, and they add that little extra crunch to the salad.
Summer is on its way! I can hardly wait! Then it's unlimited fresh fruit and salads!

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

That sounds yummy! I'm a fresh fruit and veggie kind of girl! xo rachel