Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stockpiling, computers, & bread

I need some technical help . . . how do I redirect you to one of my recipes that I already posted (ie the grilled cheese and tomato sandwich) so you can go directly to it? I became frustrated trying to "enclose" the link . . . what is the secret?

Well, my "stocking up" day did not go as planned on Saturday. I'm hoping to at least get some done today - maybe I'll just tackle the waffles. I do need to make some bread today, so I have chosen my favorite recipe. It is so flavorful and light. This is one of the breads that I love to use when I make Grilled Cheese w/ Tomato and Basil. I make it in the bread maker, on the dough cycle, and than remove it and place it in a bread pan to rise. I just have issues w/ cube shaped bread - don't ask my why? I'm kinda quirky that way!

Italian Bread
makes 1 loaf

1 cup warm water
3 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp white sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbs dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine, in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select either the dough cycle or the white bread cycle; press start. If you remove the dough to rise out of the bread machine, set your oven to 350*, and bake the risen bread for 20-25 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when you tap on it. Make sure you spray your bread pan w/ non stick spray before placing the dough in it to rise! You may brush the top of the baked bread w/ melted butter, if desired.

2 comments:

Amanda Pittman said...

mmm, I may have to try making some bread!

For links, I highlight what words I want to be linked, and then push the chainlink picture about the typing window. A window should pop up to type the address in, and it will make the words a link! I definitely don't know HTML, so I just use that handy dandy tool!

A Romantic Porch said...

That bread recipe looks delicious! I'll have to try it. Hey thanks for following my blog...I'm honored. And of course I found you! xo rachel