Monday, November 28, 2011

3 Cooks in the Kitchen

This weekend, I spent some precious time w/ my two girls, making pies.  For the first time, we made Grandma Peterson's pie crust recipe together.  Brooklin was a little grossed out by the messiness of the shortening & flour mixture.  Kinda made me giggle.  Brooklin sliced the apples & Natillie mixed up the crumb topping for the Dutch apple pie.  It didn't turn out as pretty as this perfectionist would have liked, but we had fun making it, and it sure tasted good. Next time we'll make sure we have plenty of apples to fill the crust.  What a wonderful way to spend our Sunday afternoon.  Maybe I have a couple of pie makers to help me open up shop again in the future!

1 comment:

Aunt Tanjala said...

Sounds like you had fun. I can just see it know... next time take a picture of all of ya making the pie's. I hope that you will be able to open up another shop before long. I know that is your passion and you are VERY good at it. I am needing to get your chess pie recipe though. Love and miss you all. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. We will be with the dogs having Christmas. I am sure they will enjoy having a "different" Christmas.