Monday, January 26, 2009

Time for Chocolate!

I finally found one of my favorite desserts! You have no idea how frustrating it was for me to think that it was forever lost! Typically, I can remember recipes, but this one for some strange reason, did not stick in my memory. But, I have found it, and I want to share it w/ you. This recipe is low fat, and can be made sugar free, as well. So, Jon, this one is especially for you - you could probably even substitute the chocolate for another flavor! Enjoy!



Chocolate Mousse
serves 6


3 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup no fat sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (4oz) instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup low fat milk
8 oz lite whipped topping, thawed
Crushed chocolate cookies, chocolate shavings (optional)


Beat cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla, until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix pudding w/ milk. This will be very thick! Combine the cream cheese mixture w/ the pudding mixture, and stir until combined. Fold in the whipped topping. Place in serving dishes, sprinkle w/ crushed chocolate cookies or chocolate shavings. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments: