Friday, January 16, 2009

Chocolate, Anyone?

Have you ever had one of those days when you just "need" some chocolate? I'm having one of them today! Fortunately, there is only the baking chocolate in the house right now . . . or I would be indulging in some. In case you didn't know, one of my favorite combos is PB & Chocolate! Since Natillie is allergic to PB, I have greatly cut back on my consumption of it. However, when I get an intense craving, I always turn to my favorite childhood treat, that combines my two faves! We have even substituted Soy Butter for the PB, so the kids can enjoy the treat as well. Be very careful . . . . you can't stop w/ just one!

Cheerio Clusters
makes about 3 dz

1/2 cup Light corn syrup
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
4 cups Cheerios cereal

Place corn syrup, chocolate chips, and sugar in medium cooking pan. Place on medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, until bubbles break the surface. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter, until smooth. Add cereal, and stir until it is evenly coated. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto waxed paper and allow to cool. Store in airtight container.

1 comment:

Jalyn said...

Oh how I would love one of these but my body is saying give me give me, but my mind is saying "NOOOO, that's not on your diet." Love to see you doing this blog. Keep up the good work and your uncle says to post something sugar free. Love ya.